Natural Resources Wales (NRW) have prepared a dry weather advice document for farmers who are experiencing agricultural drought.
Agricultural drought is considered when a lack of rainfall and soil moisture has an impact on farming activities including crop failure, grass growth and animal welfare.
The advice includes sections on the following:
- Abstraction of Water
- Potential Alternative Sources Across Wales
- Licence Variations
- Section 57 Spray Irrigation Restrictions
- Sustainable Land Management
- Alternative Sources of Animal Bedding
- Avoiding Agricultural Pollution in Hot Weather